After the high of the CMU residency, we returned to Toronto at the end of February just in time for the Coronavirus crisis. As the reality of social isolation and physical distancing set in, we decided to try doing some music while maintaining our isolation. The result: the PtT project. Here’s the order of track creation for each part of the project.
- PtT-1: Paul, John, Jim, Rose, David J., David S.
- PtT-2: Jim, David S, Rose, David J, John, Paul
- PtT-3: David S, Rose, David J, John, Paul, Jim
- PtT-4: Rose, Paul, John, Jim, David S, David J.
- PtT-5: John, David J, Paul, David S, Jim, Rose
- PtT-6: David J, Jim, David S, Paul, Rose, John
Here’s two of the resulting projects; PtT-1 and PtT-5 with visuals by Intrepita (Paul Stillwell). Enjoy.
PtT-5 was initiated by John, followed by: David J (Darth), Paul, David S. (Suds), Jim (Mudfish) and Rose (band rule; you have to be over 60 to have a pseudonym). Everybody hears the tracks as they’re produced and can then think about a response. John’s stark opening vocal track was a shoku. By the time it got to me, Darth, Paul and Suds had each taken the project in new and deeper directions. What could I add to an already rich project? I decided to relax, and just – breathe. Paul’s video is the exhalation of our combined inspiration – or something.